Query: dialectal pronunciation of the type "EYE-talian" for "Italian"

Mon Sep 23 02:22:51 UTC 2013

On "I-raq"/"I-ran", see:

http://americanspeech.dukejournals.org/content/85/1/91.abstract
http://americanspeech.dukejournals.org/content/86/2/179.abstract
http://chronicle.com/blogs/linguafranca/2012/09/25/eye-rate-about-eye-ran/

("Eye-talian" and "Ay-rab" mentioned in the last one.)