JSTOR subscription program called JPASS

Wed Sep 25 01:43:32 UTC 2013

JSTOR sent me a promotional email about a subscription program called JPASS.

[Begin excerpt]
JPASS gives you personal access to a library of more than 1,500
academic journals on JSTOR. If you don’t have access to JSTOR through
a school or public library, JPASS may be a perfect fit.
[End excerpt]

I currently have access to a substantial subset of the journals at
JSTOR through an academic affiliation. But sometimes I require access
to a journal that is outside the subset. So I also use the MyJSTOR
program that provides a free account that enables access to a capped
number of journal articles with temporal restrictions.

Here are some more details about the JPASS program

[Begin excerpt]
83% of the archival journals on JSTOR are available in the JPASS Collection

1,500 high-quality journals

7mm academic articles, reviews, and commentaries (That's more than 7
million articles!)

920 leading publisher

$19.50/month
Read an unlimited number of articles in the JPASS Collection
Download 10 articles (PDF) per month

As a thank you for being a MyJSTOR user, we’re pleased to give you $20
off our annual plan.

$199/year  (reduced to $179/year)
Read an unlimited number of articles in the JPASS Collection
Download 120 articles (PDF) per year
[End excerpt]