"pinger" -- possible Word Of The Year?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 8 12:37:03 UTC 2014

_Ping_: 'to inquire of.'

CNN's _State of the Nation_ (March 16, 2014)

https://archive.org/details/CNNW_20140316_130000_State_of_the_Union_With_Candy_Crowley#start/780/end/840:

CANDY CROWLEY:  I did talk to a source at the CIA yesterday, and he said
we're pinging everybody we know. You know, we're pinging agencies that we
work with, we're pinging sources.

JL