Antedating of "Gung Ho"

Sat Apr 12 20:29:49 UTC 2014

Here is a slightly earlier instance in February 1941 that mentions the
Survey Graphic article.

[ref] 1941 February 25, Greensboro Record, Editorial: China's
'Guerrilla Industry', Quote Page 6, Column 1, Greensboro, North
Carolina. (GenealogyBank)[/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
It is the great Chinese In-
dustrial co-operative movement known as
Gung-ho, which means "work together."

Bertram B. Fowler, an expert on the
American co-operative movement, reports
on the amazing ramifications of the
Chinese plan in the current issue of
Survey Graphic. He epitomizes, Gung-ho
as follows:

It is China's answer to brutal invasion
and strangling blockade....
[End excerpt]

OCR errors and other errors may be present. Please double-check.

Garson