Antedating of "Striptease"

Sun Apr 13 14:18:05 UTC 2014

Google Books contains an issue of Vanity Fair that uses the expression
"strip teaser" instead of "strip tease" in August 1929. Only snippets
are displayed, but there is a snippet showing the date and the word
"strip". Should be verified on paper, I think.

Magazine: Vanity Fair
Date: August 1929 (Visible in snippet)
Page: 51 (Visible in snippet; hard to read)

http://books.google.com/books?id=owQTAQAAMAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=teaser

[Begin extracted text]
this runway and across the stage the women work laboriously at the
game of shimmy and the "strip teaser." The latter is the routine lure
of the principal women. Occasionally capable and well-shaped dancers
like "Peaches" of Laffin Thru or Anne Corio of Girls in Blue add some
art of execution and even of mock-modest reticence to the business of
[End extracted text]