_Bumper_ "a cup or a glass filled to overflowing with hard drink"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 17 12:06:59 UTC 2014

Let every man toss off a full bumper,
Let every man toss off a full glass;
And let ye be merry and drown melancholy,
And drink a success to each true-hearted lass!

                                              - song, "Spanish Ladies"
(ca1820)