Possible Antedating of "Slang"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 18 17:40:56 UTC 2014

As a an item of curiosity only, "Slang" appears to have been an actual
surname.

1640 _Newes of this present weeke from Germany, Italy, and Spaine_ III No.
27 (EEBO) [unp.]: Colonel _Slang_ lost his right arme, which was taken off
by a peece of ordnance.

Col. Slang was an officer of the Swedish King Gustavus Adolphus, but that
says little about his nationality.

JL