feline

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Apr 22 14:15:38 UTC 2014

At 4/22/2014 08:24 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

>"(of women) sexually seductive."
>
>Not in OED, but must be at least forty years old in my memory.

The following all from Wikipedia:

The role of "Catwoman" goes back in print to "The Cat" of Batman #1,
Spring 1940.  (It also notes a "hiatus" from 1954 through 1966 "due
to the newly developing Comics Code Authority in 1954.")   And she
appeared in the live-action television series in 1966.

Bob Kane allegedly said in 1989 "I felt that women were feline
creatures and men were more like dogs "  Batman and Me. Foestfille,
California: Eclipse Books. ISBN 978-1-56060-016-9.  Page 107.

And there's always archy and mehitabel.

Joel