feline

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Apr 22 16:33:47 UTC 2014

At 4/22/2014 11:14 AM, Baker, John wrote:

>Krazy, being androgynous, may not be a good illustration.

Or even worse -- "When filmmaker Frank Capra, a fan of the strip,
asked Herriman to straightforwardly define the character's sex, the
cartoonist admitted that Krazy was "something like a sprite, an elf.
They have no sex. So that Kat can't be a he or a she."  (Ignatz, of
course, was musine.)

Would we call the even-earlier Alice's Cheshire felinely
seductive?  (Its gender appears not to be stated -- it's referred to
by Alice as "it".)

Joel