Latest on "negro"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 26 13:23:17 UTC 2014

To clarify: Costello and everyone else who commented scored Bundy as a
racist for his idiot musings about slavery. But they also condemned his use
of what one black commentator called "the 'Negro' word."

Nobody explained why "the 'Negro' word" was bad, however. It just is.
You're just supposed to know. You're not supposed to say it.

How does the American Negro College Fund stay in business??  They even run
ads on TV!!

(I think the word is still OK for anthropologists, because they write books
nobody else reads.)

JL