"West Sea"

Tue Apr 29 18:30:41 UTC 2014

There are a lot of web-mentions of the fact that the Yellow Sea is called either the Yellow Sea or the West Sea in Korea.

In 2010, however, CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/26/koreas.crisis/) defines the West Sea as the part of the Yellow Sea:

-----
The West Sea, part of the Yellow Sea that is nearest to the Koreas, was the scene of Tuesday's shelling.
-----

I didn't search for any earlier results.

FWIW, see also See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_of_Japan_naming_dispute and http://defence.pk/threads/south-korea-calls-for-sea-name-change.175344/ for the Sea of Japan versus the East Sea.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/videos