reprise [rih-PRIZE]

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 30 02:12:01 UTC 2014

Well, some of us have been choking on (KUH-vert >) coe-VERT for years. And
there's having to deal with "news" (nooze) and "noon" (newn) in place of
the spelling pronunciations, "newz" and "noon."

We all have our crosses to bear.

BTW, do you prefer re-PRIZE-ull or re-PREEZE-ull?

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM, W Brewer <brewerwa at gmail.com> wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       W Brewer <brewerwa at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject:      reprise [rih-PRIZE]

> CNN's Patricia Wu in Hong Kong, reporting on old Star Wars cast members
> possibly <reprising> [rih-PRIZING] their roles in a nuther sequel.
> Awright, I see Merriam-Webster lists [rih-PRIZE] after [rih-PREEZE]. News
> [NOOZE] to me. Still sounds like Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, & Mark
> Hamill are plotting reprisals.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain