Book on Vietnam War Slang

Wed Aug 13 13:57:38 UTC 2014

Thanks, Stephen. Yes, I think Robert R. McCammon's short story
"Nightcrawlers" is the right work. Tom Dalzell points to "Blue World"
which is a collection of short stories by McCammon. Using "Amazon Look
Inside" it is possible to see the page with the "Howdy Doody" match
and the table of contents; together they indicate that the match is in
"Nightcrawlers". The full text of "Nightcrawlers" that Stephen located
shows the same matching passage about the (perhaps fictional) "Howdy
Doody" chemical agent.

Garson