catnip for the ladies

Thu Aug 14 15:42:47 UTC 2014

Here is an example with a man described as catnip that seems to be negative.

Title: The New Missioner
Author: Mrs. Wilson Woodrow
Year: 1907
Publisher: The McClure Company, New York
Chapter: 19
Quote Page: 270

http://books.google.com/books?id=eWspAQAAIAAJ&q=catnip#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
"It's been six weeks an' more since Jack wrote her, commandin' her to
come back the minute she got the letter, an' she ain't paid no more
attention to it than if he was catnip," announced Mrs. Thomas.
[End excerpt]

Garson