body = 'a human being as capable of feeling physical pain'

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Aug 15 19:06:10 UTC 2014

At 8/15/2014 03:45 AM, W Brewer wrote:

>(1) <<Gin a body meet a body / Comin thro' the rye>>.  (Recall Gary Larson
>cartoon, two hospital attendants pushing gurneys through a rye field ...)
>(2) <<Just find me two more warm bodies to make a class ...>>

in anatomy.

Not in metonymy.

Off topic:  In the 18th century, the portion of Cambridge, Mass.,
called "Menotomy" was occasionally printed "Anatomy".  In the 19th
century, it was once published as "Metonomy".  Not "metonymy".  Nor
"monotony" either.

Joel