YouTube caption

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 18 12:22:52 UTC 2014

In my middlebrow experience, most names for young birds 'n beasts other
than pup, puppy, kitten, and cub, are now mostly literary. (Some of the,
like "cygnet," may have always been.)

Even "duckling" is on the way out, "baby duck" being preferred.

JL