slight antedating: "million-dollar wound" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Mon Aug 18 14:56:39 UTC 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

>From Google Books:

Alexander Hunter _Johnny Reb and Billy Yank_ New York, Washington: Neale Publishing Co. 1905 p 549
"In the parlance of our camp, I had a "million-dollar wound," which meant a long furlough with no danger to life or limb."

http://books.google.com/books?id=-7MTAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA549&dq=%22million+dollar+wound%22#v=onepage&q=%22million%20dollar%20wound%22&f=false