an antedating "how to"? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Mon Aug 18 17:44:00 UTC 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> In particular, you need all the information required by the OED
> submission form, plus a quotation long enough to show how the word is
> being used:
> http://global.oup.com/uk/oedsubform/

Does anyone on the list use this form?  It's something of a PITA compared to simply submitting citations to the ADS-L (for example, requiring pronunciation data for all submissions seems overkill).

I used to have an email address at the OED that I would cc ADS-l submissions to, but things started bouncing back from there (about the time they posted the above form).

I have always believed that someone (Jesse?) would scrape stuff from the list and make sure that it got into the OED's files.  I don't believe that Jesse works for the OED any longer (is that true?) -- do submissions posted here get considered for the OED?