Copula-drop in BE

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 29 02:11:30 UTC 2014

"Taylor has talent, but this was a great lesson for her. She will represent
the United States well, in coming years. However, _Serena still the Queen_."

Posted to Facebook by a middle-aged or older black Marylander.

As can be seen, the post is in a rather formal style that ought to preclude
cop-drop, *especially* in writing. But, it doesn't. I'm hearing and seeing
more and more of this unexpected intrusion of cop-drop into formal speech,
to the extent that it seems no longer to be a mere slip of tongue or pen.
But,

Youneverknow.

These things of things come and go. Whatever happened to "irregardless" and
"forMIDable"?

--
-Wilson
-----