[Ads-l] snatch 'female pudenda'

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Dec 2 20:12:09 UTC 2014

When this is submitted to the OED, include the surrounding sentences,
which make it clear that "snatches" were vital body parts, not
something like a wampum belt or even a top-knot:

"White Antelope, War Bonnet and a number of others had Ears and
Privates cut off.  Squaws
snatches were cut out for trophies.  You would think it impossible
for white men to butcher and
mutilate human beings as they did there ..."

Joel