[Ads-l] Get one's goat

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 3 16:31:03 UTC 2014

This example appears in Peter Reitan's Early Sports and Pop Culture
History Blog post (linked to in my Word Routes column):

http://esnpc.blogspot.com/2014/10/getting-goats-losing-goats-stable-goats.html

I also discussed the example (and quoted it) in the Lexicon Valley podcast.

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/lexicon_valley/2014/11/lexicon_valley_the_etymology_and_history_of_the_phrase_to_get_one_s_goat.html