[Ads-l] Dim sum stress

Wed Dec 31 04:58:18 UTC 2014

Thank you all for the kind responses.

I've been looking at videos on YouTube to look at this issue further.
Stress on the second syllable:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rbl_i3VFIk, about 2:47 in.
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olGNcFoFrX4, 0:14 and 0:34 (two
different speakers)
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZIH6NroQxk, 0:20

Both syllables:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4saj_U_OYA, about 0:27
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pEAPDMHx9A, 0:20
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1PvROBPUA, 0:57, very clear

First syllable:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFWI6NRUy_c, 0:10
2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5whWOOjC4, 6:19

I have vague recollections at being terrified of stress questions in
elementary school because I so often got them wrong, but hopefully this
selection provides all three patterns even if they are completely
miscategorized. BB