Is there a word for this?

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 2 08:38:03 UTC 2014

Question from a friend:

When you remove the covering of something, say, the peel of an orange, or
an eggshell on a hard-boiled egg, in such a way that it remains a single
continuous piece, there's a word for that. And I cannot for the life of me
bring it to mind.
Anyone have an idea what I'm thinking of?

Mark Mandel

The American Dialect Society -

More information about the Ads-l mailing list