Still Further Antedating of "Yellow Journalism"

Geoffrey Nunberg nunberg at ISCHOOL.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Feb 4 06:03:38 UTC 2014

Owing perhaps to  a synaesthetic universal, 'giallo', now the standard Italian name for crime novel,  is derived from the yellow covers of a series of detective novels first published by Mondadori in the 1920's; see http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letteratura_gialla.

Geoff