"nestle", n., = a fidgeting, movement (see v.2); not in OED

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Feb 8 04:15:51 UTC 2014

"As I entered the ferry-boat, I was struck at the spectacle before
me; there indeed, sat Peter Rugg and Jenny Rugg in the chair, and
there stood the black horse, all as quiet as lambs, surrounded by
more than fifty men and women, who seemed to have lost all their
senses but one. Not a motion, not a breath, not a nestle. They were all eye."

"nestle", noun, not in OED3.

1826 Sept. 1, New-England Galaxy, 3/2.  William Austin, "Peter Rugg,
the Missing Man", part 2 (of 3).  Original periodical publication.

(Text is definitely not "rustle".)

Joel