"Perils of Pauline", 1914 -- cliff-hanger or not?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Feb 8 21:28:08 UTC 2014

At 2/8/2014 03:01 PM, W Brewer wrote:

>I sped thru ch.1 in fast forward. Pauline blown away in a runaway hot-air
>baloon, dropping onto the side of a cliff; but end of episode had her home
>safe & sound. Not sure how many chapters are uploaded on Youtube; you may
>have to wade thru them all to find a definit(iv)e cliffhanger.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVPQa-10030

I didn't try anything like this because someone (Wikipedia?) writes
that later "editions" of the 1914 series have modified it to conclude
each episode with its resolution, and that first editions are rare or
non-existent.

Besides which, I don't suppose that searching for "New Jersey
Palisades" will turn up the relevant episode.

Joel