"Perils of Pauline", 1914 -- cliff-hanger or not?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Feb 9 19:28:48 UTC 2014

Thanks, Christopher.

The first two links below provide conflicting opinions about the
answer to my question.  For example, one author's mother recalls one
episode ending with Pauline tied to railroad tracks, another with her
dangling by her fingernails from a cliff ledge.  Another posting,
with alleged synopses of the original 20 episodes, does not have
either.  (It does describe two episodes, 6 and 7, as ending with
Pauline in peril, although the major crisis of those episodes has
been resolved.)

The issue is compounded by the loss of the original negative and all
35 mm prints.

Joel