Quote: I choose a lazy person to do a hard job (Attributed to Bill Gates) (Congressional Record Help Request)

Thu Feb 13 16:51:22 UTC 2014

Thank you very much for sharing a valuable lead, Dave. While exploring
the version of the quote attributed to Walter Chrysler I did come
across a 2011 book called "The Lazy Winner" that included a discussion
of General von Moltke and his four types of officers on the same page
as the saying attributed to Chrysler.

When I searched for the Moltke quotation about the value of lazy
officers I was not able to find it before a 2003 book called "The Lazy
Way to Success" by Fred Gratzon. Have you found any cites before 2003?

It is possible that the Moltke's translators expressed his ideas using
different phrases or different vocabulary, and I have not determined
the proper search expressions. It is also possible that Gratzon or
someone else moved Moltke's discussion of officers from the German
language to English relatively recently.

There are a few quotations credited to Moltke in quotation references,
but none matches the quote about four types of officers, lazy
officers, or a value matrix.

JL: Have you read anything by Moltke in your research? Based on your
comment you do not recognize this notion of four types of officers.

Garson