Raleigh, N.C. -- awesome or aw-dropping?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 16 12:16:46 UTC 2014

I checked the Carnegie-Mellon database of 129k words for the tradstring (string of letters in traditional spelling) "log" (with hard "g").  The results gave the following root words (where ~au stands for "awe" and ~aa stands for "ah" and ~oe stands for "oh".

analog -   ~anulaug
backlog -   ~baklaag,
backlogs -   ~baklaugz
catalog -   ~katulaug
catalogs -   ~katulaagz
clog -   ~klaag
clogged -   ~klaugd
dialog -   ~die'ulaug
epilogue -   ~epulaug
flog -   ~flaag
ideologue -  ~idee'oeloeg or ~ideeyoeloeg
Kellog -   ~Kelaug
log -   ~laug
logger - ~laager
logjam - ~laagjam
plog -   ~plaag
prolog(ue) -   ~proelaag
slog -  ~slag
Tagalog -   ~Tagulaag

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk