Why British accents in US NEws

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Feb 23 13:58:04 UTC 2014

Cute, but apparently fabricated three years ago (the Weekly World News isn't the most reliable source of research studies?  who knew?); no such study or professor (Comito) seems to exist outside of this "article".  I was suspicious when I saw New Jersey accents rated as sexier than British ones.  As far as the other article goes, that seems to be a real (four year old) study by real researchers, involving *foreign* ("mild or heavy Asian, European, or Middle Eastern") accents, not British ones.  But maybe you were putting us on.

LH