WB reacts to <bobsleigh>

Andrew Firta drew.lew at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 24 19:36:18 UTC 2014

I don't know. The OED cites evidence of bob-sleigh from the 1800s. In fact,
the headword for the entry is "bob-sled, bob-sleigh". AHD only lists
"bob-sled" and other sources suggest that bob-sleigh is a British
variant. Personally, I've only heard bob-sled.

Did you read the word on CNN or could you tell if it was an American who
said it?