"go-to" = immediate? automatic?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jan 1 15:11:10 UTC 2014

'default'? (i.e. they can be trumped by something more powerful in a specific case but are otherwise activated)
I'm thinking "go-to player" in sports contexts--LeBron is Miami's go-to shooter at the end of the game, Gronkowski (when he's not injured) is Brady's go-to receiver in the red zone, but if they're covered, someone else will be chosen to take the shot/receive the pass.

LH