Early Cockney vees for double-yous

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Thu Jan 2 12:50:54 UTC 2014

FWIW, Indians (the ones from India) switch w and v, as in: How are you? Wery
vell, thank you, wery vell.
DAD

Poster:       Paul Johnston <paul.johnston at WMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Early Cockney vees for double-yous
---

Some of these, I suspect, are just spelling substitutions, although there's
evidence of /w/ for /v/ (usually that direction) in SED in some Kent and
Sussex localities.  I doubt if "vhom" means a /v/ was pronounced this late
on, as the /w/ was long gone in London.

Paul Johnston
On Jan 1, 2014, at 5:02 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Subject:      Early Cockney vees for double-yous

---