"Quenelle"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 2 20:35:00 UTC 2014

The traditional method of making quenelle is by forming it with two
spoons, resulting in an ovoid shape that some may recognize as that of a
rugby ball. The American football shape is much too pointy, so, on this
side of the Atlantic, the from is usually referred to as "egg-shaped". A
more accurate description might be that of a stretched meatball.

     VS-)