"Don't confuse me with facts!"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 6 02:36:47 UTC 2014

It's a stretch, but it seems that Rousseau's _Confessions_ (trans. J. N.
Cohen) contains something in a comparable spirit:

"If anyone knows anything contrary to what I have here recorded, though he
prove it a thousand times, his knowledge is a lie and an imposture."

Nine hundred and seven times will usually persuade me that I'm wrong, but
maybe that's just me.

JL