Sad hour

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 8 02:27:55 UTC 2014

I've noticed conflicting usage in the last decade or so. One is indeed
along GT's outline. But there's a particular "underground" sense where a
dive bar would be fashionable among a particular kind of clientele. It's
hard to describe, but it cannot be truly upscale, must be fairly well
priced, serve particular kinds of drinks, including retro cocktails and
exude a certain kind of "dive" atmosphere. Merely calling it
"fashionable" is not enough. But it does appear to reflect a common GenY
reversal.

     VS-)