because info

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 9 05:56:47 UTC 2014

I've suggested previously that this usage has become fairly popular with
left-leaning bloggers and related personalities. Maddow certainly falls
into that mold. I first noticed the usage from Josh Marshall at TPM and
Steve Benen (then of the Washington Monthly blog) in "because 9/11",
mocking "9/11" and related nonsense as stock response to absolutely
everything from conservatives. The phrase saw particularly heavy usage
in the run-up to the 2012 Presidential campaign, essentially from late
2010 through the primaries (roughly June 2012).

     VS-)