Changes to Google News Archive and search

Fri Jan 10 19:22:12 UTC 2014

Thanks very much for your response Ben. I have seen that interface,
and I did see that help page. What do you make of this sentence?:

[Begin excerpt]
Note that Google Web Search doesn’t support custom date ranges earlier
than 1970 or content behind a paywall.
[End excerpt]

I just tried the suggested interface to perform a search between
1/6/1950 and 1/13/1960 for the word "freedom" and no matches were
returned.

Garson