No soap, dove bar -- was "dive bar"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Jan 12 18:02:32 UTC 2014

At 1/12/2014 01:20 AM, W Brewer wrote:
>Isn't <dove bar> the past form of <dive bar>?

That's exactly what I meant when I wrote, perhaps too obscurely,

"I had no problem, I simply thought you [Wilson] had been there and left."

>It's what the Clampetts used to do in the swimmin' pond.

Did the Clampetts install a dive bar at the Newptune Pool at San
Simeon?*  I don't remember seeing a swim-up setup in the series.

* At least that's what the Clampetts' pool reminded me of -- but I
haven't found a direct assertion that the Clampetts bought Hearst
Castle.  Or that the series used it as its set.

Joel