Linguistic boundaries [was: A novel notion of "balance"]

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Jan 13 13:40:32 UTC 2014

Overall, I agree that the sports alliance boundaries are much more fluid
and complicated. And we haven't even figured in the soccer loyalties:
Revs vs. the Red Bulls.

My brother was a Yankee supporter - we lived in Buffalo, NY and then New
Britain, CT (further east). He married  a Red Sox supporter from
Wallingford, CT (further west). (I think my brother converted after
marriage, and this pleased my grandmother and uncle, Bostonian Red Sox
fans.)

---Amy West