Linguistic boundaries [was: A novel notion of "balance"]

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jan 13 20:46:54 UTC 2014

On Jan 13, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Dan Goncharoff wrote:

> If you care:
>
> Actor in orange cap is George Wendt, born in Chicago.

Him I know from Cheers.

> Actor in blue cap is Robert Smigel, former SNL writer.

Him I just mostly know by name, from the video shorts he put together for SNL, but I see he was one of the Da Bears sketch guys; I hadn't remembered that.  But they both do a nice Chicaglish.  As did Dennis ("Andy Sipowicz") Franz of NYPD Blue, who unfortunately was supposed to be from NYC.

LH