Fred Shapiro on Canada's CBC radio

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Tue Jan 14 22:23:05 UTC 2014

Thanks to Garson for this kind posting.  I should point out that Michael Enright starts out by mentioning Garson's fantastic website, quoteinvestigator.com.  It was also Garson who pointed Enright to me as a source for information on misquotations, even though I am sure that Garson himself would have been a great interviewee on this subject.

Fred Shapiro

From: American Dialect Society [ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf of ADSGarson O'Toole [adsgarsonotoole at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:32 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Fred Shapiro on Canada's CBC radio

Fred Shapiro did a wonderful job talking about quotations on Canada's
CBC radio on Sunday January 12, 2014. The program was called "The
Sunday Edition" with Michael Enright.

Here is a link to the description of the full show. Click on "Listen"
in the upper right of the article. Fred joins the host at 59 minutes,
but I am not sure how to skip to that point.

http://bit.ly/1doH2KH

Here is a link to main website for "The Sunday Edition":

http://www.cbc.ca/thesundayedition/

Garson