trutherism

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 15 08:03:34 UTC 2014

Have we discussed this? I just don't recall. But, in the string
thuthiness-truther-X, there's now an X: trutherism. The basic natural
derivation would imply engaging in acts that make someone a truther, but
Media Matters seems to take this a bit further, essentially elevating
trutherism to a particular kind of conspiracy theory:

http://goo.gl/y6NA3t
  Fox's Benghazi Transcript Trutherism: Clinton Edition
> Fox News figures revived the tired falsehood that President Obama and
> his administration neglected to acknowledge Benghazi as a terrorist
> attack, this time adding speculation that Hillary Clinton may have
> played a role in the imaginary omission.
>
> On January 13 the House Armed Services Committee released declassified
> transcripts of congressional briefings on the September 11, 2012
> attacks in Benghazi, Libya. One portion of the transcripts detailed
> Marine Corps Colonel George Bristol, commander of an Africa-based task
> force during the Benghazi attacks, testifying that at the time of the
> assault in Benghazi, the military considered the assault to be an attack.
>
> That evening's Special Report presented Bristol's words as
> groundbreaking, suggesting they indicted both the Obama administration
> and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
>
> The Weekly Standard's Steve Hayes, a Fox contributor called it "a
> pretty significant development" because "[f]or the president and his
> advisers to go out and for two weeks pretend that that wasn't the case
> is quite extraordinary." And NPR's Mara Liasson, also a Fox
> contributor, took the claims even further, wondering if Clinton "might
> be tied in some way to ... deciding not to call it a terrorist attack."

http://goo.gl/51VRZr
  Fox's Chief Washington Correspondent James Rosen Engages In Benghazi
Transcript Trutherism
Rosen Falsely Claims Obama Did Not Call Benghazi Attack Terrorism "For
Days And Weeks"

     VS-)