Dibs on year-clipping in the 3rd Millennium

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 17 15:39:40 UTC 2014

Year-clipping in the 3rd Millennium (so far)

1. Apostrophized year-clipping.
Jan. 12, 2014:
http://www.msn.com/?rd=1&ucc=TW&dcc=US&opt=1&st=1&pc=UP97&ocid=UP97DHP&tc=0
<< '14 Dodge Dart Blacktop to debut in Detroit>> in same ad with <<2014
Dodge Dart . . .>>
Apostrophized year-clipping in stock market charts, I just noticed.

2. Parenthesized year-clipping.
Jan. 16, 2014, 4:46 AM EST:
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=847762
<<In a statement to CNN, Benatar reveals she cancelled her 22 February
(14)* show once she learned that Busch Gardens was affiliated with
SeaWorld. And the Beach Boys have also issued a statement, which reads:
<<The Beach Boys have cancelled their performance on February 15, 2014**.
 .  .>> Heart, [et al.] have also scrapped 2014** dates at SeaWorld due to
the fall-out following the release of Blackfish. When Nelson scrapped his
concert in December (13)***, he said, "I don't agree with the way they
treat their animals.">>
*(14): Probably, (14) was MSN abbreviation for 2014, when in postposed
dd/mm/yy format.
** 2014: Quoted Beach Boy statement, full form 2014, dd/mm/yy.
*** 2014: MSN used full-form 2014 when preposed attributive.
**** (13): MSN year-clipping in mm/yy format.