"L7", not in the OED, ...

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Jan 18 23:31:32 UTC 2014

= "square, in old slang, as indicated by forming a square with one's
hands".  As defined in a NYTimes crossword puzzle clue, Friday Jan. 17.

(I remember the gesture, but not the term.)

For quotations, Wikipedia's article "Square (slang)" says:

Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs included this line in their biggest hit
"Wooly Bully":
     Let's not be L7, come and learn to dance.

Wings used this slang in an anti-drug reference in the song "C Moon":
     It will be L7 and I'd never get to heaven
     If I filled my head with glue

The Sandlot's Squints used this line to describe Smalls:
     Come on, Benny. Man. The kid is a... L7 weenie!

Obie Trice in Adrenaline Rush:
     "You L7 like a square be" (sic)

XV's song "Be There, Be Square" referred to L7.

Google is once again unhelpful.

(I don't intend to follow this further.)

Joel