_microfiche_: "count" oder nicht?

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Mon Jan 20 16:42:14 UTC 2014

Sheets of microfiche are, as I recall, about 6" x 8", printed on a
celluloid-like medium, with each sheet containing dozens of photo-reduced
pages of material. One needed a microfiche reader to read the things. I used
them extensively when reading college catalogs in my job search in the '70s.
And they're hardly a thing of the past: my local auto parts store uses them
all the time, finding that they're quicker than the internet. (Of course,
changes in prices and parts dictate that one order new microfiche sets,
whereas the internet can reflect those changes immediately.)

Peter Richardson

-