New words from Sleepy Hollow

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 21 01:13:46 UTC 2014

Or not so new. Who cares?

It's the TV show about a resurrected Ichabod Crane whose Wiccan wife
Katrina gives him advice from Purgatory as he tries each week, with foxy
African-American police detective Abbie Mills, to thwart the demon Moloch
who's been unleashed on upstate New York to bring about the End Times with
help from the Headless Horseman of the Apocalypse - who was "killed"
fighting for the Brits in the Revolution before *he* was resurrected in
2013 but luckily George Washington's secretly coded Bible can be used
against both of them.

Last week:

"A boondoggle is an exercise in futility, a timesuck, a fool's errand."

(So "timesuck" is now thought to be more familiar than "boondoggle."
400,000 raw Google hits.)

"We weren't exactly besties back then." (Best friends. 2,000,000 raw
Googlits.)

"We need your A-game!"  (Your best and most comprehensive effort [to beat
Moloch]. Maybe a hundred thou RG's: hard to search for.)

Next time they may explain why two little people - one of them magically
resurrected - trying to stop the Apocalypse with the help of a dead Witch
isn't blasphemy.

JL