Is there anything ungrammatical about this sentence, beyond...

Randy Alexander strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 7 05:45:16 UTC 2014

"I started puberty at 13" doesn't suggest it was my idea.

I guess you could argue that nobody willfully pubesces while cultivation is
always willful. (But thinking further you might be opening up a nice can of
worms -- so many expressions are anthropomorphic, expressing inanimate
things in human terms. Where would you draw the line?)

Nothing syntactically wrong.