The Canadians are taking over the Merrimack Valley?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jul 15 23:14:26 UTC 2014

My viewing of the TV news this evening was interrupted by a weather
alert for flash floods.  Supplementing the scrolling warning,
describing the dangers in various locations in northeastern
Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire, was a voice-over that named
particular towns.  Two were "Bill-rick-a" and "Nash-ooh-a",
pronounced like A as in NEIGHBOR and WEIGH.

(No especial emphasis on any of the three syllables.)

Although I suppose genuine Canucks don't say "eigh" but rather "eh".

Joel