"School is _through_"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 16 05:19:49 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> I recall "school's through".  And also Jon's "school's over".  Both
> definitely with reference to the summer vacation, and not other
> outages.  Such as "school's out" (at 4 PM; for the day, etc.).

"School's Out", also known as "School's Out for Summer," is a 1972,
title-track single released on Alice Cooper's fifth album. And there's also
"School Is Out." by Gary U.S. Bonds, from 1963.

"Both definitely with reference to the summer vacation...," to quote an
eminent authority.

Does

"School is done" or "School's done"

work for anyone?